SIX DAYS DOWN, TWO TO GO ON 2ND ROUND

Just thought we would give everyone an update on the past two days happenings. Friday night was the night my chemo ended and yesterday and today was fluid days only. I still am carrying around the back pack with a large bag of magnesium, potassium and something else that runs constantly until Tuesday night when the CVC catheter will be removed from my arm. Then I will be free from a backpack until June 1, when my 3rd round of chemo will start again. This week will be kind of a slow week as I have blood work on MWF in the morning and back on Monday night for one more bag of fluids and then the IV comes out on Tuesday night. We met an interesting young man tonight while waiting for the bag to be changed. He was a moral booster that God sent our way. It was very interesting about how God had changed his life somewhat during his first bout with cancer (Hodgkins Lymphoma) and the reoccurrence of it later and how God had taught him how to deal with it again but to a greater magnitude. Sometimes God has to give us a taste of things before we get the real thing. He was an inspiration to us both. Keep up the prayers and pray that the CT Scan next week will show a significant difference from the first one I had and that one. Love, Michael
*****************************************************
As I was sitting listening to the young man who was talking with us tonight, it came to mind that sometimes more often than not, that God is trying his best to help us get through a situation, but we are so hard nosed that we want to do it all alone. God puts people in our paths each and every day that he wants us to help invest in their inheritance with Him, but we ignore the opportunity to tell them of our relationship with Jesus Christ. God has taught Michael and I a lot the past year regarding how precious time and our relationship with Him is. He has shown us since being at MD Anderson, that He will put His loving arms around us and pull us up from the ground with not an ounce of energy to get up and shake us just a little and sometimes hard as to say, " You are not in this alone, I want to guide you through this situation if only you will let me have the reins of your life." I want you to know I am outside my box in Houston, Texas. If I can only help plant a seed in one person who will eventually make a lifetime commitment for eternity because of something Michael or I say to them or because of our love for each other , this whole ordeal with be worth all the heartache and misplacement that we have had to endure. God is an awesome God and we are certainly glad we have Him on our side. Love to all and keep praying, Terri
"You can trust God not to let you be tried beyond your strength, and with any trial he will give you a way out of it and the strength to bear it." I Cor. 10:13

1 comment:

  1. AMEN......you are so right....God puts those people in our lives for a reason and a season and HE does shake us up a bit at times but He alone is in control and we have to remember that...it is great to give it up and hand it all over at the end of the day but we as humans feel we have to pick up that cross and carry it again come morning...He will take care of us according to His plan for our lives...HE alone knows what we will go thru and what we can handle...and that TRUST thing is the hardest to give into to....We think we are self reliant but we know better. I am glad and thankful that this round of chemo has been easier on your both and I believe in my heart that the CT scan is going to show amazing things all for the better....Remember that we are all here pulling for you both and that we love you and that our thoughts and prayers on you and this trial you are going thru.....

    ReplyDelete