Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days. I am kinda down and out this weekend, thinking about all the things I could be accomplishing at home if I was there. Michael didn't sleep any last night. Can't really put my thumb on what the problem was other than he had slept until about 11:00am yesterday morning. It may have been the Neulasta shot they gave him last night to keep his white count from going down so much. Will have to start taking temperature tonight again to make sure it doesn't go up over 101.1 degrees. If it does, off to the emergency room we will go. He is still on the antibiotics for the pneumonia in his left lung which seems to be improving with time. Just made Michael a banana pudding. We did see Harold and Fay Stewart last night while waiting for our bag to be changed. Michael has to carry it around until Tuesday night when it come off. Harold is carrying one around also....looks like the two of them might be going back to school. I'll try to get a photo of the two of them. Michael introduced Harold and Fay to his new friend Drew last night. Hey Drew, pizza is on for tonight! Glad I don't have to wash mine down with RED DEVIL ......glad it is finished this round. All we have this next week is lab work on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and fluid changes Monday night and catheter out on Tuesday night.......Hurray for the end of Round #3.....only 5 more rounds to go. Not too bad if you say is real fasssssssstttttttttttt! Keep praying and we will be home before you all know it. I am ready to sack some groceries and get my hugs from my favorite customers at Stewarts. And Mom is ready to go back to work and says she will never say "I wish I didn't have to go to work today" again.

2 comments:

  1. We are hoping and praying that this round finishes up alot better than the 2nd round...hopefully Micheal is stronger and the meds will keep the fever at bay...I know that this fight is hard on everything...just know that you are not in this alone...prayers go up daily for you both and we need to do a better job of communicating that to you...Hang tough and rest when you can..They tell you to rest then give you all these meds that keep you going to the bathroom or won't let you sleep..remember that God listens 24 hrs and day...some of my best talks are in the middle of the night..we love you and we will talk to you son

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michael I was just checking in on you. We are keeping you in our prayers; Brie always mentions your name when she prays before meals!
    Hoping & praying that you don't have to go to the ER this time, but know you will be in good hands if you do.

    Terri, keep your chin up. I know this is as hard on you mentally & emotionally as it is on Michael physically. Keep running the good race, there is a prize at the end!! We are still thanking our Lord for His miracles...

    ReplyDelete