Catch up time....December 18, 2009

Sorry I have been so unattentive to keeping the blog up to date, but there has not been a whole lot to blog about this week. Monday and Wednesday we had blood work done and all our counts were GREAT! Nothing has dropped like it has when we had the three aggressive chemos. Wednesday I went to a class to learn to take care of Michael's catheter line under his collarbone since we have opted to leave it in this time rather than having it removed. Had a report class on Thursday. Thursday was a very good day in that we met our friend, Andrew Moritz at the hospital and went to Southwell's for lunch. Had a very nice visit and heard about the good report that Andrew had received from his PET Scan from the day before. Also enjoyed meeting his brother in law, Tyler who had flown to Houston with him for his test and results. That is one proud daddy and uncle. Said our goodbyes to them after lunch and came back to the house to work. Friday morning, we went back to the hospital and I had to "prove" my learning from the two days before that I could flush and change Michael's dressing. Yeah, they said I was certified.....but that was not what Michael said. ......He said I was a lot rougher than they were....but hey, you can't take the professionals home with you......and we want to go home.
Michael was suppose to go play cards today, but we are still at the house. I asked him to please go to bed soon when I went to bed, but I got up at 3:00am and he was still up.....so momma is being momma today and did not wake him up to play cards. He is one upset big boy....he needs his sleep and rest to fight this terrible stuff and he thinks he is made of iron.....oh well! Maybe next time he will remember today! He still lives under my roof and I am one tough momma sometime. We have been here nine months and you can't keep up the fight with no rest! He is planning to work this week at the store. It is wonderful to be pain free for the past 9 months.....and if my son was just a little stronger, he would be back to his normal energetic self....Thank you Lord for the miraculous healing this year in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment