Thursday, December 31, 2009 --New Years Eve

I would like to share something that happened to me today at the Sam’s Club gas pumps in Wichita Falls. I left the hospital to come home and decided to go by Sam’s and get some stuff we needed at the office. Upon my arrival at Sam’s, I saw that gas was $2.40 and since it was as cheap as it was I would fill my Jeep. I pulled up to one of the gas pumps, and noticed an older gentleman outside his car but wasn’t putting gas in it. He walked back to my vehicle and said he had spilled some gasoline and was waiting for it to evaporate or make certain it was safe to leave it. He advised me that he thought I would be better off to go to another pump to get gas of which I did. I went around the gas pumps and pulled up on one side of the pump and there was another man pumping gas on the other side of the pump. When I got out, he spoke and made a comment about the weather and then asked me if I had had a good Christmas. I told him yes, but that it was not the type of Christmas that our family had had in the past that the best part of it was being able to bring my son Michael home from MD Anderson in Houston after 9 months of treatment. He asked me about Michael’s cancer, his age and how he was doing. He said he could say a lot of things but that anything he said would not be something that I hadn’t already heard or experienced. When he finished filling his car, he walked around the gas pump and introduced himself and wanted to know my name and Michael’s name so he could put them on his church’s prayer list. He took my hand and said the only thing he could do for us that would help would be to pray for Michael and me. He offered the sweetest prayer and we visited for a few more minutes. As we were standing there in Sam’s Club Parking Lot, the attendant from the little hut walked up and said she had noticed us praying and that she would like to pray for whatever we were in prayer for. So again, we held hands and prayed once again for Michael. The young woman told me that she had become a Christian after her life was not what God wanted it to be and He finally got her attention and drew her unto Him.

You know, I cannot remember the names of these two people, but names are not that important when God is involved, because He knows who these two folks are and how much they blessed this mother’s life by taking the time to pray for me and my son. God Bless you both.

1 comment: