Friday, April 29, 2010 from MD Anderson Cancer Center

News we have been ready to hear for one year. ..............NO MORE CHEMO AND NO MORE LOVENOX SHOTS FOR THE BLOOD CLOT! Our God is AWESOME!

WOW! From Day 1 until now I wondered if we would ever hear the words we heard today. Dr. Ravi said from the start, that the cancer has progressed further than he would like for it to, but ......we will try and if he responds well to the chemo we might have a chance.......I have said all along that God is on our side and that He is still in control of our situation. It has been a hard year but He never puts more on us than we can handle......but I have to tell you there have been some days I didn't think we could do it anymore. Some days, more than I like to think about, I didn't know if I could make the right decision or not. But, we have an awesome team who treats Michael and there has never been a moment that I didn't respect their treatment plans. They are like family........Dr Ravi's assistant came out after we left the examining room today and said this was her last day at the center in Houston. She and I both cried as she has been a light to a dark situation ever since we met her. She is definitely called of God in the position she is in.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Terri,
    So sorry to have missed you at the relay for life. We did the opening lap and then headed to a ballgame of my son's and returned until about midnight. I am so glad to hear all of your good news. I remember the end to chemo, and the joy of the clear scan. I hate to shed any darkness, but I do have a bit of bad news. I hope you will send lots of prayers this way for Mark. His cancer has returned in a number of different places. We found out before the holiday weekend and are hoping this week to get the ball rolling. His pet is tomorrow and hopefully some appts on Wednesday. We know what our God can do as he has done it time and time again. We are so glad you and Michael have gotten to experience his healing grace. Take care, Missy.

    ReplyDelete