Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just wanted to let everyone know of last night and todays happenings. We had one of our worse nights that we have had since we have been here. The pain is down to a minimum, but it has been replaced with fever and nausea. Michael was up and down all night last night. Reminded me of when he was younger. We had a total of about 30 minutes sleep during the whole night. He would tell me how restless he was as if I didn't know it. Of course, I didn't feel well myself, so it made for a VERRRRRRRY LONGGGGGGGG NIGHT! His fever has not got to the 101 degree marker yet. If it does, the will start some new medication. He has really been a trooper during all the sticking and prodding they have done to him the past two weeks. They are giving him Lasix to get some of the water off him, so we make trips to the bathroom every 5-10 minutes. I have to help him so he won't pull the catheter out of his heart vein. They will not reinsert it in the vein of his heart, but next time will put it in the arm which should be a little more comfortable. With all the bags he has hooked up to him, I have to pull the IV stand for him to get aways from his bed. Hopefully, we will get to go to my brother-in-laws house sometime this weekend. His leg has gone down quite a bit, so he is convinced that the chemo is doing its job. We won't know until the second round of chemo when we have another CT scan done. The nurse just came by and said after the last temperature check, that his fever has gone up past the 101 marker and they are calling Dr. Ravi to see what they are to do. He doesn't seem like he is any discomfort. This is just a precautionary thing they tell me. I would never make a nurse. I panic too much. I just wish I could put all of you in a bottle and fly you to Houston. We would love to see some familiar faces. Sweet dreams to all.......love, Terri and Michael

2 comments:

  1. Oh good. I was so glad when I checked the computer and found your update. Even though the fever and urination are difficult to deal with they are still manageable. They will pass. When it seems like there is too much coming at you, take a deep breath and count to 10. I promise it works. Just remember the old deal that God doesn't give you more than you can handle and He knows what you can handle. He promised he would stop before it got to that level. I wish I could be there to take some of the strain from you but I can't (but I would if I could). Everybody up here loves you both and is thinking and praying for you. I've got my fingers crossed for a quieter night tonight. I'm praying for temperature control, decrease in nausea, peeing enough but not too much (Bro. Andy says you should be specific with your prayers, and strength, peace and rest for you tonight. Love Juda PS It's cloudy up here and a slight chance for rain. I'm praying for rain for us. (Is that too selfish?) Nighty Night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri,
    I have just started reading the blogs and just wanted to remind you & Michael that we are praying for you guys. I remember when Jodee was at Dallas and how you have to live your days minute by minute and then maybe day by day. Each day has its setbacks and its victories. I learned to be more patient, (I hate that part)and to be thankful for every little thing that went our way and that we considered progress. If I would have known how long the whole process was gonna take, well I probably would have driven myself crazy, so take if minute by minute for now and let God be in charge on the end results. :) It's really nice that you have your brother in law close enough. Lowell Guthrie is about to start all his tests and treatment the first of next week, so maybe if we get to come and see him after his surgery, we will stop in and visit with you too. There are too many Olney people at Houston...... :( We love you guys, Tracy

    ReplyDelete