Hopefully things will be looking up!

Well, the past two days have really been tough. Michael has been almost home bound for two days and he is certainly miserable. Can't hardly open his mouth wide enough for his deaf mother to understand him. He gets so frustrated with me trying to tell me what he is saying. I have bought enough over the counter medicine, I think I will start selling my overstock to get some money back. Each triage nurse suggests something else to try to get him over his sore throat. He can't swallow liquids without his throat just killing him, so he is also dehydrated and they stuck him 3 times this morning before they got blood. One of the phlebotomist girls said it was just not a good color.(How do you like that long medical term I am using? I could have said blood sucker, but living in NORTH TEXAS, you would have thought I was talking about a mosquito). Guess she was right . . . counts as low as they possibly can go. We have to go in tomorrow and Sunday for labs since our counts are low today. Everything Michael puts in his mouth comes right back up in a minute or so, so he is dehydrating all the time. We need to get him back on his feet...all he can do is get from the bed to the bathroom......we need to pray for his strength at this time. This round has been a rough one......hope this is the worst. Love to all,
Terri and Michael

9:30pm. Well, we are feeling just a little better. He can actually get through to me what he is trying to say. Hopefully after a good night sleep, he will be much better tomorrow to go to have some more blood work done. Hopefully a good lab tech will be there. I just can't hardly stand to see them dig in his veins the way they do sometimes. Will let you know more tomorrow. Thanks for all the calls today. . . it certainly is nice to hear from those we love.......You all are the greatest....
My family here in Houston is great too....I don't know how in this world they put up with us being up and down all throughout the night, coming in all hours of the night and taking off at 7:00 am in the morning......some retirement, huh?

3 comments:

  1. this wasnt' the update I was counting on....if he is so dehydrated why havent they put him on iv's???? Bless your heart michael...what about glycerin swaps to keep his mouth wet?? Popsicles, snowcones...all the good things of summer but not good if they wont stay down though are they? Hang in there...we love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww sorry you are having such a ROUGH time of it Michael. That's the medicine kicking the cancer's rear, so hang in there. I know this is hard on mom too!! Wish I was there to give you a hug!

    We will keep lifting you up in prayers!!

    Hugs from Olney, Sara & Freddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael/Terri,

    Thinking about and praying for you both every day...Here's to a better weekend!

    Drew

    ReplyDelete